This area is to keep you updated on the latest developments within Caloola, Smiggin Holes, Perisher Resort and National Parks.
Tickets are limited and need to be pre-purchased.
Unlike Thredbo that released all tickets at once, Perisher have chosen to release their tickets slowly it seems only a week prior.
During these unusual times the best way to get up to date news is via the Perisher website.
New Leichhardt Quad Chairlift
Perisher Resort are replacing Leichhardt T-bar with a new quad chairlift ready for the 2019 winter! The work planned to be completed 2018/2019 summer, also includes the installation of additional snowmaking – bringing the total cost of the development to $4.2 million.
Replacing the Leichhardt T-bar with the new quad chairlift will bring benefits to guests visiting the resort, including:
- Increasing lifting capacity by a huge 75%, giving guests more time to ski and board popular runs including The Cleft, Powder Ridge, Snowy Trails and the Leichhardt Terrain Park.
- Replacing the steep, advanced only Leichhardt T-Bar with a user friendly chairlift will open more of the area up for children and beginners.
- The new chairlift will have the same conveyor load system as the Freedom Quad Chairlift in Guthega, making the loading process easy for all guests.
- A snowmaking installation from the bottom of Happy Valley T-bar through to the load of the new quad chairlift.
Read more at: https://www.perisher.com.au/plan-your-trip/new-to-perisher/new-leichhardt-quad-chair-lift?
Vail Resorts Closes on Its Acquisition of Falls Creek and Hotham Ski Fields in Victoria, Australia
- Vail Resorts has acquired the ski field leases and related infrastructure at Falls Creek and Hotham Alpine Resorts in Victoria, Australia from a subsidiary of Merlin Entertainments
- Vail Resorts now operates three of the largest ski resorts in Australia including Perisher Ski Resort in New South Wales
- The 2019 Epic Australia Pass, 2018-19 Epic Pass and 2019-20 Epic Pass now provide access to the best skiing and riding in Australia with Perisher and Falls Creek as well as Hotham (subject to certain approvals); North America including Whistler Blackcomb, Vail, Park City and more; and Japan with Hakuba Valley and Rusutsu
Read more at: https://www.perisher.com.au/perisher-news/perisher-now/1330-falls-creek-hotham-epic
Prepay for ski rental online at Rhythm Smiggins (Snowline) and save 20%
Rhythm Smiggins (formerly Snowline Ski Centre) has anew website and continues to offer their 20% discount on ski rental to Caloola members and guests when you prepaye online: https://rhythmsmiggins.com.au/rent-now/